Saturday, February 20, 2010
Thursday, December 31, 2009
To see my New Years resolutions and such, visit http://chocohall.blogspot.com
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Hey readers, great news- Rebekah Sierra is going re-vamp (no, not vampires). We're fixing up the site and we're going to add a few new bits and pieces such as Runway Watch! Yes, we will be spotting the runway for the viewers from now on and not just for ourselves.
Speaking of runways, did any of you see Prada's piggie tail line? In the Paris Spring 2010 Fashion Week line-up, Prada went full- out with the piggies- every model had 'em. Everything was crystal-esque with clear plastic purses and fax diamonds dripping from every model. So much fun, so much work to do.
The site may be down and out for a week or so, while I fix some link problems. I'm not exactly a tech wiz, so give me some time. Don't forget the other fashion sites out there, too!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
While in Bali, I hope to pick up some new and intresting things to add to the Rebekah Sierra Summer 2010 collection, while gathering 'beach inspiration' if you will. In other words, I will be relaxing on the beach, doodling new outfits and scanning the local markets for things to use soon. I will post my finds as soon as I get back!
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Fun Fashion Fact:
Taylor Swift went as Chewbaka for Halloween one year as a kid.
Simple flats+ rhinestone & ribbon= cute shoes worth way less than they look
Cheap cluch+ diagonal pyramid studs= cute pricey- looking clutch
Old sundress+ three layer diagonal ruffle addition= easy but cute new look (don't fforget to pre-wash the material for the ruffles or the sunddress won't fit any more and it'll be like wearing a boa constictor instead of a fall- dance type thing)
Curvy = Empire waist
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Special Double Article
Weather you want the perfect nail color to match your outfit or you are trying to make your hands look smaller, there IS a nail polish out there for you.
Tips & Tricks:
- Mid to deep greens make your hands &/or feet look smaller
- A simple French Manicure is a good break from crazy colors
- If your nails are chipping a lot, either the climate, the length of your nails or both are affecting them. If your nails are too long, give them a quick trim. If it is because of the climate, add a clear coat and hope for the best.
- If you are painting your nails in a rush, dunk them in cool water to get them to dry faster
- If your colored nail polish isn't a good brand, then make sure to wear a clear coat over top
- Sea green is in right now for nails
I'm not sure about the USA right now, but in Singapore everyone grades Pre-K to Senior year trick - or - treats on Halloween. Everybody and their dog dress up as princesses, pirates and witches, but this year you can stant out. Here are some simple suggestions:
-Taylor Swift: Curl your hair into ringlets, put on a dress and some boots and grab a mic 'cause your crowd's waiting!
-Twist on Twister: Take an old sheet and four old shirts the colors: red, blue, green, and yellow. Cut circles out of the shirts and sew them onto the sheet just like a twister mat. Then sew the "mat" down the back and add noodle straps - you're a walking game board!
- Rainbow: Grab six friends and dress up in all seven colors of the rainbow - wear matching t - shirts and shorts your color and go door - to - door as one big group.
- Checkerboard: Wear a checker-ed shirt with checker-ed skinny jeans, a checker-ed hat and checker-ed vans
- Marshmallow: Wear a white pillow case over your head and orange shorts - a marshmellow over a campfire!
- Kiwi: (I'm including this one because my friend - guy did this last year) Draw a kiwi on a white t - shirt and walk around yelling "I'm a kiwi and you just got pwnd!"
The costume ideas were all mine (except the kiwi - that was David's) - if somebody has thought of them before, then sorry!
Friday, September 18, 2009
[A "bless" is something in between a blouse and a dress. The word "bless" is a portmanteau of blouse and dress, but is not to be confused with a baby dress. I want to copyright that word - my invention. I guess you could call the "bless" a neologism, but I'll make it a common word. Some day it will be known as something other than "to bestow good wishes" and it will say "coined by Rebekah Sierra".]
Anyway, now to favourite spring/ summer 2010 outfits & collections. I love the exotic colors Oscar de la Renta used in his new line. My favourite outfit is a beautiful bright orange dress he made. Marc Jacobs also has some very nice new things out. The websites are below for you to take a look.
I love the sideways pumps / sideways heels. Marc Jacobs made the original back in 2008, but they are now being made by many different companies and becoming more common. They are very inventive, original shoes & for those of you who hate them, step back because you're about to get hit by a wave of the future. Like I said two posts ago, designers are getting more adventurous and way more futurestic with thier clothing & accessories. See the hair-do's from the Marc Jacobs spring show?
Informative article only. No bad things intended. Any pictures/ text will be removed if asked. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for reading!